Today we are catching up with David Rivera, our Head of Development. First impressions don’t matter with David as at the beginning you will meet a very serious and meticulous person, which he is when it comes to his work. However, when you get the chance to peel him away from his keyboard you will find that behind this very diplomatic façade lies a very kind-hearted person who is always willing to help and who often bursts into laughter several times a day. David is also known for his expert fingers, not only when it comes to improving and developing the Affilired programmes but also when it comes to giving massages!
- David, which is the song you often listen to in the office when you are concentrating but would never openly confess to liking?
I listen to heavy and very powerful music mainly, my favourite bands are Extreme, Guns & Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica … but I must confess that I sometimes listen to Pop and yes, I have been secretly listening to Monica Naranjo’s hit “Sobreviviré“.
- Imagine you had to go to a desert island and you could only take one thing with you. What would it be?
- What’s your go-to-bed midnight snack?
Salted biscuits with hummus! Yummy, yummy!
- What’s the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?
Instead of the weirdest let me tell you about the most hated! Someone gave me a CD with the Greatest Hits of the Boss (Bruce Springsteen). I really don’t like him at all nor his music. I had to put on a smile and say thanks! Which was quite hard to do!
- If you could have any one superpower, which one would you choose?
I have always dreamed of flying, just spreading my arms and being able to fly anywhere. So that´s the superpower I would choose: to fly (and not to crash land!!)